23 Sep The Disappeared opens at the Carlton Cinema, Nov 1, following sold-out screenings in Atlantic Canada
(Toronto) September 20, 2013 – The Disappeared, the riveting and timeless story about six men lost at sea returns to the silver screen opening Friday, November 1 at Toronto’s best loved art-house cinema, The Carlton.
Over the next six weeks we will be featuring interviews with the director and cast, publishing pictures and video from the film in our effort to build an audience for the film in the movie crazy-city of Toronto. The Disappeared has had Toronto festival appearances at the Canadian Film Fest where it received the coveted William F. White Reel Canadian Indie Award and at the Female Eye Film Festival where it received the Best Debut Feature Award. Shawn Doyle won ACTRA Toronto’s Outstanding Male Performance for playing Pete in the film.
Here is what the reviewers had to say:
- “It’s beautiful and it’s brutal, and it’ll stick with you long after it’s over.” – Lauren Power, The Scope, St. John’s
- “an emotional powerhouse of a film that will grab audiences everywhere. (4.5 out of 5 stars)” – Criticize This! – Toronto
- “We applaud the sheer audacity of this feature and encourage every self-respecting Newfoundlander to bear witness to its power.” – St. John’s Women’s International Film Festival
- “creates many moments of warmth and humour” – Kingston Canadian Film Festival
- “an ocean’s worth of psychological and emotional depth” – The Mind Reels, Toronto
- “…it’s suspenseful and filled with a great sense of tension and mounting madness.” – Andrew Parker, Dorkshelf
We want to encourage all the fantastic fans that supported the highly successful run in Atlantic Canada to reach out to all their friends and relatives in the Toronto area to come and see this special film. Wish us luck, spread the word and tell folks to put a circle around November 1 to go and see The Disappeared! Come see it opening week so it stays in the theatre longer!
Stay tuned for more news – pass it on!